New to Yoga/Benefits of Yoga
New to Yoga
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before class starts to sign in and settle in.
- Make sure your phone is turned off.
- Listen to your body. You should not feel any sharp or shooting pains in yoga. If you do, please come out of the pose immediately and ask the instructor for help adjusting the posture.
- Yoga is practiced in bare feet.
- Wear clothing that allows a wide range of motion.
- Practice on an empty stomach. (Allowing at least 2 hours after a meal makes for a more enjoyable practice).
- Come clean to your practice. Avoid wearing strong smelling scents to class. Be mindful of body odor or smoke, as these can impact the experience of other students.
- Heart condition? Injured? Be sure to let your instructor know if you have a heart condition or any other serious ailment before class starts.
Benefits of Yoga
- Increased Strength
- Increased Flexibility
- Weight Management
- Stress Relief
- Better Breathing